Saturday, January 22, 2011

God does not forgive idolatry.

My notes on Idolatary - attached below - Mike Ghouse
# # #
 
What is an idol (god), any way, in the Quranic perspective?
 
The idol can be your ego:
 
[45:23] Have you noted the one whose god is his ego? Consequently, GOD sends him astray, despite his knowledge, seals his hearing and his mind, and places a veil on his eyes. Who then can guide him, after such a decision by GOD? Would you not take heed?
 
The idol can be your kid:
 
[7:190] But when He gives them a good baby, they turn His gift into an idol that rivals Him. GOD be exalted, far above any partnership
 
The idol can be your property:
 
[18:42] Indeed, his crops were wiped out, and he ended up sorrowful, lamenting what he had spent on it in vain, as his property lay barren. He finally said, "I wish I never set up my property as a god beside my Lord."
 
The idol can be the prophet/messenger:
 
[3:79] Never would a human being whom GOD blessed with the scripture and prophethood say to the people, "Idolize me beside GOD." Instead, (he would say), "Devote yourselves absolutely to your Lord alone," according to the scripture you preach and the teachings you learn.
 
The idol can be the righteous man/saint:
 
[39:3] Absolutely, the religion shall be devoted to GOD alone. Those who set up idols beside Him say, "We idolize them only to bring us closer to GOD; for they are in a better position!" GOD will judge them regarding their disputes. GOD does not guide such liars, disbelievers.
 
Your true idol should be God, your Creator,period.
 
Tell me why do you say  "O my Maula Ali O my Maula hussayn".  Who is your Maula, God, your Creator, or they?!

 Thank you and may God guide me,
 
Muhammed Irtaza
 

No comments:

Post a Comment