A successful conference on Qur’aan was initiated by America Together Foundation at the Unity Church with ten panelists representing different faiths. It was not an Islamic or a Muslim conference, it was indeed an American conference where the beliefs of one group of Americans were mis-represented by the other and the need to de-falsify was in critical to build a cohesive America.
We thank the Unity Church for their support, pictures and the details are http://www.quraanconference.com/
I was on Fox TV discussing Egypt with Sean Hannity and Robert Spencer and the topic turned to Qur’aan.
Here is the latest on Fox TV with Hannity and Spencer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Q64RUxSd4
Spencer goes on to mis-quote Quraanic verses. There is not a holy book that tells its followers to lie, and Spencer says it is an Islamic thing to lie and pretend. He should know better than that, Americans are not dumb people, they will verify it before believing him. He was quoting verse 3:28 and I am producing verses 3:25 through 3:31 for the readers to judge.
You can buy a copy of the Qur’aan translated by Mohammad Asad or go online at http://www.islamicity.com/QuranSearch/ and plug in the verse numbers 3:28 and search with Asad translation.
If you are a researcher and have a genuine interest in finding the truth, we will furnish you an authenticated copy of the Qur’aan translation by Muhammad Asad.
Search For: 3:25-3:31 - -
Al-Imran (The Family of Imran)
· 3:25 (Asad) How, then, [will they fare] when We shall gather them all together to witness the Day about [the coming of] which there is no doubt, and every human being shall be repaid in full for what he has done, and none shall be wronged?
· 3:26 (Asad) SAY: "O God, Lord of all dominion! Thou grantest dominion unto whom Thou willest, and takest away dominion from whom Thou willest; and Thou exaltest whom Thou willest, and abasest whom Thou willest. In Thy hand is all good. Verily, Thou hast the power to will anything.
· 3:27 (Asad) "Thou makest the night grow longer by shortening the day, and Thou makest the day grow longer by shortening the night. And Thou bringest forth the living out of that which is dead, and Thou bringest forth the dead out of that which is alive. And Thou grantest sustenance unto whom `Thou willest, beyond all reckoning."
· 3:28 (Asad) LET NOT the believers take those who deny the truth for their allies in preference to the believers  - since he who does this cuts himself off from God in everything - unless it be to protect yourselves against them in this way.  But God warns you to beware of Him: for with God is all journeys' end.
Note 19 (Quran Ref: 3:28 )
I.e., in cases where the interests of those "deniers of the truth" clash with the interests of believers (Manar 111, 278). Regarding the deeper implications of the term "allies" (awliya'), see 4:139 and the corresponding note.(Quran Ref: 3:28 )
Note 20 (Quran Ref: 3:28 )
Lit., "unless you fear from them something that is to be feared". Zamakhshari explains this phrase as meaning, "unless you have reason to fear that they might do something which ought to be guarded against" - obviously referring to situations in which "those who deny the truth" are more powerful than the Muslims, and are therefore in a position to damage the latter unless they become their "allies" in a political or moral sense.(Quran Ref: 3:28 )
· 3:29 (Asad) Say: "Whether you conceal what is in your hearts  or bring it into the open, God knows it: for He knows all that is in the heavens and all that is on earth; and God has the power to will anything."
· 3:30 (Asad) On the Day when every human being will find himself faced with all the good that he has done, and with all the evil that he has done, [many a one] will wish that there were a long span of time between himself and that [Day]. Hence, God warns you to beware of Him; but God is most compassionate towards His creatures.
· 3:31 (Asad) Say [O Prophet]: "If you love God, follow me, [and] God will love you and forgive you your sins; for God is much-forgiving, a dispenser of grace."
The organization, America Together Foundation will focus on bringing Americans together with a series of educational programs to address the critical issues facing our nation in an open forum to find pluralistic solutions to restore the cohesiveness of our society and work towards building a safe and secure America. No American has to live in anxieties, discomfort or fear of the other. Programs on GLBT, Anti-Semitism, Racial Profiling, social justice and other issues are in the planning stage.
Mike Ghouse is a thinker, writer, speaker, futurist and an activist of Pluralism, Interfaith, Co-existence, Peace and Islam. He is a frequent guest at the TV, radio and print media offering pluralistic solutions on issues of the day. His work is reflected at three websites and 21 Blogs listed at http://www.mikeghouse.net/