Neocon bait from the Netherlands on Qur'aan
Mike Ghouse, January 20, 2008
The old Banker of Great Britain had written laws on how to get rid of bad torn up currency; he called it Gresham’s law - which states "Good money will chase bad money out of circulation".
Muslims can learn from this law - the only way to kill a bad idea is to float good ideas on the market. I am writing this is in response to a ten minutes documentary made by Geert Wilders; a Dutch lawmaker, and it is billed as “a ten-minute film exposing the horrific passages of the Koran.” This is expected to be aired on January 25th. All hell may freeze over and may this day pass without any incidence.
First of all, the horrific pages they are referring to are misunderstood verse, rather mistranslated verses. It is our duty to produce answers for this error and produce equally good documentaries to present the truth. We must avoid the temptation to preach or teach, but simply present it as information for people to review. Let people make up their own minds.
The moderates, who make up the majority of any people, should not expect the hard core Neocons to read this documentation or even see a documentary should it be made. Neither their counterparts, the Muslim Neocons will see their documentary either. Both are trouble makers, their duel is messing the peace loving majority of Muslims, Christians and others. We need to speak up.
The movie is produced with the evil intention of maligning Islam and agitating Muslims. It is going to test the mettle of Muslims. Let's not fall prey to this bait. Indeed, let's thank these guys for making a big deal about it, as it gives us the opportunity to present the truth in the open market, at least some will see it. If we do nothing positive about this event, shame on us.
Here are a few opening thoughts that we can enrich and modify to make it work in the best interests of humanity and peace.
1. The Imams can deliver sermons asking people to follow the Prophet's example, where he prayed for those who pelted stones at him. Truth is far more important than the job and the people will always support the truth. Let the few who scream, keep screaming, it is time to discipline those cranky babies.
2. The goodness has to spread faster than badness and our Imams can bring about this change in a short period of time, but it is the responsibility of each Muslim.
3. Our Imams ought to take a personal interest in making at least 5 calls to the imams they know overseas and let that multiply. I do know that every Imam in America and Perhaps Canada is a peace maker, but we cannot say that about some of the Europeans and others.
4. Our Imams can turn the tide around and become the peace makers; i.e., mitigating conflicts and nurturing goodwill.
5. The Mosque administrators can distribute fliers and constantly talk to those few, just those few extremists whose head does not comprehend peace.
6. It is in our interest and interests of the world of Islam to put the extremists behind bars. That is what Islam is about, peace making.
7. It is rather shameful to be in a position of defending, let's fix our rascals and get out of our defensive mode.
8. May Allah give us the guts to take firm stand against extremism?
9. May Allah drain the fear of rocking the boat and embolden us to speak out the truth.
10. May Allah drain the fear of them bad boys, in reality they are chicken crap, and we can stop them by simply speaking up. Quote the Qur’aan to shut them up. Qur’aan does not support them.
11. Produce documentaries showing the truth with the intention of gaining the viewers to consider another version, rather than preaching or missionizing (Dawa) as it would be counter productive.
12. Lastly, each one of us needs to monitor any kind of extremism. All it takes is one idiot to make the lives of 1.5 Billion Muslims miserable. We should do our struggle to contain these elements that would be our good deed.
Please share this message with other Muslims. Every day those ugly Neocons are bombarding the airwaves with their propaganda, and our Neocons are giving a life to them. A majority of the general public does not believe those liars, but each passing day, they are gaining believers.
You and I need to do our share of goodness, and that is to check the growth of extremists’ thoughts, actions and words. We cannot expect peace, unless we are prompters of it.
*The word Neocon is used to represent extremists in all faiths, cultures and races.
We have begun the process of addressing those verses at Qur'aan-information tab at http://www.worldmuslimcongress.com/ . Insha Allah, the 14 misrepresented verses addressed in the documentary will also be explained under the title "Geert Wilders misunderstands Qur'aan" on this website.
Jazak Allah Khair
Speak up, silent no more®
Good for Muslim and Good for the world.
By Grant Swank
Koran's Verses via Dutch Film
December 04, 2007 12:00 PM EST
Geert Wilders, Dutch conservative lawmaker, has made a ten-minute film exposing the horrific passages of the Koran.
Per AP Wilders refers to the selected verses as “’fascist.’”
He does not fear being slain, claiming 24-hour protection.
Theo van Gogh, film director, made “Submission” available for public viewing. It was a “fictional study of abused Muslim women with scenes of near-naked women with Quaranic texts engraved on their flesh.”
Theo van Gogh was murdered—shot with throat slit by a Muslim extremist. His body was discovered on an Amsterdam street in 2004.
“Prominent Muslim critic Ayaan Hirsi Ali, who wrote the (van Gogh) screenplay, was threatened in a note left on Van Gogh's body. She now lives under round-the-clock protection in the United States.
“Wilders plans to depict parts of the Quran he says are used as inspiration ‘by bad people to do bad things.’
“Less than 10 minutes long, the film is expected to air in late January.
"It will show ‘the intolerant and fascist character of the Quran,’ said Wilders, whose anti-Islam campaign helped his Freedom Party win nine seats in parliament in last year's election.
“In the past, Wilders has said that half the Quran should be torn up and compared it with Adolf Hitler's book ‘Mein Kampf.’ He has claimed the Netherlands is being swamped by a ‘tsunami’ of Islamic immigrants.”
In other countries, there are those sympathetic with Wilders’ point of view. There is grave concern on the part of persons enjoying democracies that infiltration of extremist Islamic lifestyle, especially that built upon the sharia so-called justice system, is a real-life real-time deadly threat to civility.
Numerous persons who have researched the Koran verse-by-verse have concluded that the general public in the main is ignorant of the Allah-dictates that threaten civility. This ignorance is evident when uninformed individuals still refer to Islam as a “peace religion.”
When taking the Koran seriously as divine revelation, a superficial review of the Koran’s extremist verses is not what meshes with democracies.
A sample of extremist Koran verses includes the following:
Surah 9: Repentance
1. Give tidings (O Muhammad) of a painful doom to those who disbelieve. 3
2. Slay the idolaters wherever you find them. 5
3. Don't let idolaters tend the sanctuaries. Their works are in vain and they will be burned in the Fire. 17
4. Give tiding of a painful doom to Christians and Jews. 34
5. If you refuse to fight, Allah will afflict you with a painful doom. 39
6. Disbelievers go to hell. 49
7. Those who vex the Prophet, for them there is a painful doom. 60
8. Those who oppose Allah and His messenger will burn in the fire of hell. 63
9. Allah promises hypocrites and disbelievers the fire of hell. Allah curses them. They will have a lasting torment. 68
10. Fight the disbelievers and hypocrites. Be harsh with them. They are all going to hell anyway. 73
11. Allah will afflict disbelievers with a painful doom in this world and the Hereafter. 74
12. For disbelievers there will be a painful doom. 90
13. Don't pray for idolaters (not even for your family) after it is clear they are people of hell-fire. 113
14. Fight disbelievers who are near you, and let them see the harshness in you. 123
Concerning the Dutch situation, AP reports: “Immigrants from Muslim countries number about 1 million of the country's 16 million people.
Wilders informs the media: "’I will make the film and see what reaction it creates.’"
Read "Dutch lawmaker planning film criticizing the Quran" at www.iht.com/bin/printfriendly.php?id=8512622
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 21:15:59 -0600
To: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Subject: Dutch film on Quran
CC: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
May this email find you in the best of health.
I have received this email below concerning a 10 minute film that will be airing in late January.
We thought about producing a film, in order to counter it. Our film will be distributed online, though various video portals and possibly on television. After producing American Ramadan, we have established several contacts all over the world. I think this is an opportunity for us to counter this film with a film of our own.
We would like to get your valuable input in this and we would like to have both of you involved in this project.
The link below provides excerpts from the Quran in which will be used in the film makers video. Obviously, he will use it out of context and distort it as much as possible.
Please let us know when would be the best time to arrange a meeting.
On Jan 19, 2008 5:28 PM, saif khan wrote:
One more film to start a new crises. Can the responsible leaders of the world and the Heads of Muslim countries take any action so the general public will not take things in their hands out of frustration.
Dutch PM appeals for restraint over Koran film
AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Dutch Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende appealed for restraint on Friday over a yet to be screened film in which a right-wing populist lawmaker plans to lay out his view of the Koran.
Balkenende said it was unclear what Geert Wilders -- a politician whose anti-Islam comments have led to death threats -- would say in the film, but there were concerns in the Netherlands and abroad.
"The Netherlands has a tradition of freedom of speech, religion and beliefs. The Netherlands also has a tradition of respect, tolerance and responsibility. Unnecessarily offending a certain belief or group has no place in that," Balkenende told a news conference in The Hague.
Dutch Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende is seen addressing the 62nd United Nations General Assembly in New York in this September 27, 2007 file photo. Balkenende appealed for restraint on Friday over a yet to be screened film in which a right-wing populist lawmaker plans to lay out his view of the Koran. (REUTERS/Eric Thayer/Files)
"A free and unhindered debate, and respect in dealing with each other flow from both traditions, and the cabinet shall uphold both traditions and calls on everybody to do so."
Dutch public broadcaster TROS said the movie was expected to be shown on Jan. 25, but it was unclear on which TV station. A film made by a high-profile critic of Islam for Dutch television has a disturbing precedent in the Netherlands.
Three years ago an Islamic militant killed film maker Theo Van Gogh over his film "Submission", written by former Dutch lawmaker Ayaan Hirsi-Ali, in which she accused Islam of condoning violence against women.
The murder unleashed a violent anti-Muslim backlash and forced Hirsi-Ali into hiding.
The Volkskrant newspaper reported on Friday that the government had prepared a 20-page document dealing with potential threats to public safety if Wilders' film is screened.
The document also deals with the evacuation of Dutch embassies, the paper said.
(Reporting by Niclas Mika)
Send your comments to: WMCArchives@Gmail.com
Please fill in the Subject line as : Neocon bait from Netherlands on Quraan